When the kids go back to school, it’s so exciting!!!! When they come home, their first lesson is to cover their books (along with a whole lot of forms to fill out!). Yes, you can buy those stretchy book covers for several dollars OR you can use what you have at home. Hopefully, my creative solutions will help you keep those dollars for emergency lunch money!
Use your back to school shopping bags to cover books! I used an Urban bag and wrapped it so I kept the handles.
Old maps from vacations are remimders of summer travels.
Experiment with tape and paper bags. I used masking and washi tape.
Contractor drawings have great graphics. Ask friends and neighbors who are contractors for old drawings.
5. Spruce up a plain grocery bag by taping on a pocket with masking tape.
How to Make a Book Cover
1. Cut off the bottom of the bag.
2. Fold up the edges so it is the a little bigger than the book.
3. Fold over the cover and tape. Make sure the flap is a generous size.
4. Make sure you completely CLOSE the book when you tape the next flap or it will be too small.
5. Fold and tape a pocket.
6. Use masking or duct tape to adhere the pocket to the cover!